Monday, January 16, 2012

Soon enough

We're at that point in the deployment where we can say soon and it really does mean soon enough. I'm so excited to say we're not halfway there yet, but I am writing! Hey, hopefully this will start becoming something that I can write in more than just every few months. I'm looking forward to it.

I don't want to say that this deployment has been easy, because it certainly hasn't, but it hasn't been bad. It's actually going much better than I thought it would. I truly mean that. I have been able to Skype with my husband almost daily. He even got the day off for my surgery to be able to see me before and even after! I was so happy he was able to do that.

Speaking of... I don't have my gallbladder anymore. Chronic cholesistitis does not exist in my body anymore! Surgery went great, and I made it home for the holidays and enjoyed them very much. It was great to spend time with my family. Oliver loved being with his family, too! He didn't want to leave. We had a few trips to the ER because I was still in pain from my surgery, but hopefully that's taken care of now. Since then, we've officially made it through the hardest part of the deployment!!!

Now, Ollie and I are snuggled up on the couch and watching reruns of One Tree Hill on Netflix. Highly recommend the series. Anyway, Dan's day off is tomorrow, so we hope that he can talk to us a little more than usual. I am so excited that we have the opportunity to do this. Being long distance for 2.5 years definitely gave us some experience at this, as well as sort of what to expect. I can't wait to say I've officially kicked deployment butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment