Friday, February 12, 2010

An update of the past month and a half

I've been a horrible blogger, I originally made this blog to help with the deployment, but with Dan's surprise visit home for Christmas, pre-deployment leave and Courtney and I's surprise visit to see him off, it has just been so busy. I'm 26 days down, and so happy with how things are going. I've gotten a few phone calls, one today which was extra special because we've been dating for a whole year today, woo! Dan had ordered a gift for me before he left (he's so thoughtful) and it was a white gold Claddagh ring with a ruby heart. I'm not one for jewelry but he always does so good picking it out.

So, what have I been up to in the past month and a half? Pre-deployment leave was amazing and I enjoyed every moment I spent with Dan. It's what's keeping me going. We enjoyed spending time with family and friends, Dan especially loved being home and a civilian for 10 days. We all got to see him off at the airport in the terminal thanks to a very kind woman who told us that there are passes for members of the military's family, so we didn't have to say goodbye at the check in. But! Little did I know until the Friday before Dan left that Courtney and I were going to venture down to North Carolina to see him off. It was the perfect surprise and well worth the 8 hours of driving (there and back) for only being there 24 hours. Seeing him off definitely helped me understand that he was actually gone.

School has started and back in full swing, I hate this semester because I think it's pointless but nothing really to report there.

I got a job at the Olive Garden and I love it and all the people that work there. They are so friendly and welcoming. It also helped that Taylor worked there in the fall semester and I started just a couple weeks ago. I'm a hostess so I'm constantly busy with seating people and trying to figure out where to put them. I like feeling so busy.

In deployment news, Dan was in Haiti which is awesome and I'm so proud. Now they're on their way to an undisclosed location which was where their original deployment was. I love that I hear from him through emails, when the internet decides to work.

Well, I hope that I'm able to update more that I remember I have this blog. Have a fantastic evening all, I know I will be running on the pure bliss from my phone call this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment