Friday, July 22, 2011

Sometimes...

So, it's been a week and a day since my last post. Tomorrow will be ten days down with 20ish to go. I'm so ready for this deployment to just be started and get it over with. I hate that workups don't count toward the deployment time. It would be so nice if the Marine Corps were that nice and allowed that.

I've kept so busy, I'm running on high octane fuel. I can't wait to actually have a day where I don't leave my house and just sit and read. Hopefully soon! Next week, I'm working every day. A crazy schedule to say the least, but I'm glad I'll be occupied.

Just a few minutes ago, I was unloading the dishwasher. It made me feel sad. I'm not even sure why. I guess because it's something Dan and I typically do together. However, no matter how sad I may get, I realize it's all of those little things, like unloading the dishwasher and doing laundy and still finding his, that make this worthwhile, all because I know that I'll get him back. I also remember how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.

This lifestyle isn't permanent, but this love is. I'm so thankful to have the most wonderful and supportive husband who keeps me motivated that I can do this. I can stay here and survive. Some days are easier than others, but at the end of the day we're one day closer to being together. It also comforts me that there are women here that are going through the same thing. I have amazing friends who also support me and I support them. Without this support, getting through the days would be a little harder. I can't wait till  I get to turn the page and finish this chapter in my life, and luckily I get to take you all with me, because your support is always there.

This post is a bunch of rambling, I don't even know if anyone reads my blog, but to my friends: thank you for keeping me sane and my eye on the prize.

2 comments:

  1. I read it!!! And we need to figure out a time in our busy schedules to get together soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear the work up is worse than the actual deployment! All the emotions that come along with it just makes everything seem so much more intense. Hopefully once you kick the deployment off time will fly by for ya'll and it'll be over before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete