Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 07

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item


My engagement ring.

I'm not one for material items and I would say that I probably have other things that are technically people, but it asked for item. I love it and Dan did such a great job picking it out all on his own. It's custom made with a story behind it so I'll share it: Dan was deployed on the 24th MEU and their last port was Italy. While he was in Italy he bought me an engagement ring and he ended up thinking the diamond was too small. He tried to buy a new diamond and put it in the same setting, but apparently according to jewelers it wouldn't fit. So, he got my ring custom made and sold the diamond and kept the gold from the original for me to be able to do something sentimental with it later. I accidentally saw the transaction from Italy on his bank statement and said, "HOLY CRAP! What would you spend $2,000 on?!?!?!" He's luckily quick on his feet and told me, "Remember that night I emailed you and said I was really drunk? Well, I paid for a whole bar tab." YIKES! I thought and it ended up causing a little disagreement. Flash forward 2 weeks and multiple cry sessions later because he said he wasn't ready to get married, and he proposes! It was a trick the whole time. Mainly, it's just important to me because it symbolizes our love and our new life and journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment