Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good things come to those who wait

So my brother was just talking about Valentine's Day and his plans for them, and he was saying about how him and his girlfriend are going to spend it together. I just responded with the title of my blog post, because I really don't mind being alone on Valentine's Day. I know that waiting for Dan to come home from his deployment will be much better than spending Valentine's Day with him. I can't wait to experience a homecoming and all the things that come with it. Like how many people beside us military girlfriends/fiances/wives get to experience a first kiss all over again?

Speaking of Dan, he emailed me twice today. He said he was really homesick, and I felt horrible. I don't know what I can do or what to say to him, because I'll never feel that homesick ever. This is his first Christmas not at home, and I think that's what's getting to him. I'm going to get stuff together and send him a package to be there for him when he gets back from the workup. Maybe that will help, at least it will bring a smile to his face. I would do anything to be down there with him on Christmas, but I know it's for the best to not spend the money since he will be home the following week. I also felt really bad because I missed both of his emails because I was out to a late lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in forever. It was so nice catching up.

Today, other than going out to lunch, I studied and then went to a review session where I met a Marine, because I saw he was carrying all his books in an assault pack and wearing combat boots. He was like shocked I knew what his backpack was called and we were talking for a while. He was really nice. But after lunch, I came back and studied for 5 hours or so? It was crazy. I hope I do well on this final. I just can't wait to get it over with.

I hope Dan feels better tomorrow and that he has a chance to email me again. I just want to give him a huge hug and tell him everything is going to be ok, like he's done for me so many countless times. I swear I love him more and more every day that we're apart. Just the things he says in his emails, well, they get me every time. I can't wait to see him. 17 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment