Sunday, December 6, 2009

No one can tell me I can't, I'll prove that I can

So today was kinda blah. I was having a horrible day because my mom and I got in a huge fight. She's completely disrespectful to my relationship and about it and I'm tired of it. I'm sorry that this is going to be a vent but oh well, anyway...She told me she doesn't think it's healthy that I never get to see Dan and how she thinks it's too hard on me mentally. Since when does she know what goes on in my daily life or my relationship? She's never been in my situation, nor will she ever be. Last time I checked, I was the one in the relationship. I've never been a bad kid or done anything to get in trouble, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, etc. Why does she feel the need to tell me my relationship is wrong and that it's harmful? I told her until she apologizes don't plan on speaking to me or hearing from me, that's how mad I am. I have wanted to bring Dan around since the first time he came home and she won't let me bring him over because I need to ask my stepdad permission. How ludicrous is that? I hate the way he brainwashes her sometimes. Sorry, but last time I checked I'm a whole lot happier and more mature than I've ever been. Thanks for checking up on how I've been doing mom, maybe if you called and asked about my relationship more often, you wouldn't come to these conclusions. Oh well, I'm done with her trying to say I can't do this, so I'm going to prove to her I can.

In other news, I just did some school work today, nothing big. I was really upset how my mom was judging me earlier so I just kinda decided to have a mental health day. I cooked dinner for me and Taylor, we had Shrimp Scampi with Linguini and I made some broccoli. I need to get some supplies to bake, I can't wait to be able to cook things from scratch. It's going to be so fun! Dan suggested last night in an email that we bake and cook dinner together when he comes home over his pre-deployment leave. I can't wait! No word from him today though, but that's ok! I'm just keeping positive knowing that this is getting me ready for how we will be able to communicate while he's gone on his deployment.

I'm going to end with a quote which is what I want to shove in my mom's face but it makes me smile...
"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment