Friday, December 4, 2009

Well hello there...

I'm definitely new at this, but we'll see how it goes. I'm starting this for something to do. I like having a place to write my thoughts and share them and hopefully get some feedback or ideas. I should start out by saying, I don't know what to expect or what is expected here, so I'm just going with the flow. Enough rambling, onto the good stuff...

Typically, I'm a pretty shy person, but for some reason this seems like a good idea. My boyfriend is a U.S. Marine and he'll be deploying come January, so this is a way to share things. I actually heard from him earlier, which I wasn't expecting, since right now he's on his last pre-deployment work up and the communication on the boat is pretty limited. He'll be gone until December 30th and then he's on leave until January 10th. I'm getting excited for him to come home, but at the same time it means his deployment is getting closer and closer, but I'll cross that bridge when it happens. I'm not too worried about it :) Other than that, I'm very content with how things have been. This semester my grades have stayed pretty good despite all that has happened. I got mono about a month into the semester and then my grandfather passed away on October 17th. Needless to say it's been a rough semester and I can't wait for it to be over. When the semester ends (mine ends December 15th at 9:50 am!) I'll be starting work back at the doctor's office that I've worked at over the past year. Just another thing I'm really excited for. My new semester starts on January 11th, so I'll be getting a decent 3 and a half weeks off. I really just can't wait to have no school work, which I should be doing right now instead of writing this.

Over the next few days I'll write more interesting posts, but for now, that's what's going on.

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING! For me blogging really helped me vent, share ideas, thoughts..EVERYTHING that maybe i don't feel so openly about saying to everyone or openly. But it def helped me through this tough year, and every now and then i like to go back and read blogs from Jan and so on. I hope it is a great tool for you this coming year!

    And woohoo for the semester ending ( right on my 21st :), we'll both be looking forward to that day lol )

    ReplyDelete